Wednesday, January 26, 2011

grandma

My grandma with willpower so strong, is always so sure of herself, and has the courage of a lion. Highly intelligent, she attended school for one year, and later taught herself to read and write successfully. She has a fiery temper yes, but in all 34 years of my life I have never heard one bad word spoken from her mouth. I respect and I admire my grandma. I love her even more.

She fell from a staircase recently. Her knee cap shattered from the pressure, and she had a large swell on her forehead. My sister and cousins in Singapore quickly arranged for an operation.

She is 86 years old.

When I heard the news that day, I imagined the worse. I was so afraid. I was afraid on how she'll cope during the operation. I was afraid of the aftermath... losing appetite, losing weight, the pain. I was afraid of the after op physiotherapy. Can she cope?

I was so relieved that she managed the op alright. She's bed-ridden now. Could barely manage 2 spoonfuls of food each day. My eyes sting with tears thinking of her. Everytime the phone rings, my heart beats faster. I get even sadder thinking of her having to spend her CNY in bed :'(.

She has done many good things in life. Improved the livelihoods of many. Touched many hearts. Why did this have to happen to her? At 86?

Grandma... please get well really really soon...

(C) Lee Pei Yi. All rights reserved. Originally published for boeyjoey.blogspot.com. All images and text cannot be republished without expressed written permission.

10 comments:

MommyAngel said...

I am praying for grandma too and hope that she'll recover in no time! She is one tough woman!

Get well soon grandma :)

the little prince said...

Grandma, get well soon!!

mNhL said...

Hope grandma gets well soon.

Mommy to Chumsy said...

sorry to hear what happened to your grandma. speedy recovery to her.

Broccoli Ginger said...

Pray for her recovery. Hope she is able to go through it soon.

Mummy to QiQi said...

now i understand why u feel so down. Hope she gets well soon.

LittleLamb said...

Hope she will be well soon :)
Take care. Perhaps a visit to her this CNY will cheer her up.

Mummy Moon said...

I Hope your grandma speedy recovering, don't worry!~

coffeesncookies said...

praying for your grandma. . esp in seasons like this. you will think of her more and worry. pray.. she'll be fine k ?
Happy New Year to you and yours !

A Mom's Diary said...

Wishing grandma a speedy recovery.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails