Friday, March 11, 2011

new bento cases

Note: With regards to my previous article, please be assured that the above article has no intention to bring up any differences between anyone. Conversation was done in Bahasa Malaysia merely because it is our national language and is used to communicate. I've written the article down as a way to vent my frustration as a mother to my precious children, nothing more. Thank you for understanding.
...............................................................................................................................................

I was at Daiso the other day, when I saw these very cute bento cases. Blue and green animal themed bento for HQ (he loves animals!) and pink strawberries bento for QQ (she loves strawberries!). Each has 2 tiers of containers, and only cost RM 5 a set! So about a month ago (yes, this is a back-dated post!) I was feeling lazy to cook breakfast, and so I assembled breakfast sets for the kids. Both have the same ingredients, only different bento sets.

This is HQ's set: Piglet buns that I bought from Dragon-i and reheated in the wok before serving
Peeled and seeded grapes
Cheerios
Pineapple tarts - my friend gave us a tin for CNY, which I kept in the fridge and lasted till now!
Walnut biscuits (hap tou sou) - also a gift from another friend and I kept in the fridge

I gave them each a tub of yogurt too :-). And this is QQ's bento set:
I enjoyed preparing the above for them :-). Well, these are easy-peasy assembles only ~ super bento mummies must be laughing at me now... haha! I look forward to have cooked food with rice and dishes next. Wait till my two bunnies recover fully from their cough first :-).

(C) Lee Pei Yi. All rights reserved. Originally published for BoeyJoey.blogspot.com. All images and text cannot be republished without expressed written permission.

8 comments:

Alice Law said...

Lovely bento cases, gonna get one too... kiasu hor!

LittleLamb said...

why do u remove the grape skin? u r another mama that i know will go through the hardship to remove grape skins.....

Merryn said...

the piglet is so cute. i've never dined in dragon-i before. if i go, i'll surely get the pig! :D

MeRy said...

very nice bento cases.

Luciana said...

u remind me to get the bento cases right away, TQ ;)

have a nice weekend and thanks for visit my blog, do come back for more...

Yang Yang said...

simple n nice bento. i always wanted to make bento, but always got excuse. :P

Mummy Gwen said...

I was in Daiso, Sunway Pyramid last Sunday but couldn't find any nice bento boxes. You are better than me..I've never done any bento stuff for Gwen.

Mommy to Chumsy said...

oh i love the bentos from daiso. i like what you have prepared for your kids too. so cute!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails