Monday, April 4, 2011

tired eyes

The Group was rushing to register close to 5,000 local employees for a service roll-out, and to tell the truth, the process was a nightmare. Seriously. It’s very challenging coordinating between HR departments of more than 70 subsidiary companies, the Operations team, the IT team and the Finance Team to come up with a working solution.

Having spent less than 4 hours of sleep each night for the past 2.5 weeks, I suffer badly from acne and dark rings around my eyes. I’m not so worried about acne, as they will usually subside when I start sleeping well again. I’m worried about the dark rings and wrinkles around my eyes. What made my eyes even more tired is that I have to spend more than 10 hours each day looking at the laptop screen. My eyes are so tired I can sleep while standing, I swear!

Having said that, I cannot deny that although grueling, this project gave me a great sense of achievement :-). Now everything is sorted out, and by end of today, everyone will get to enjoy this additional benefit that our Group is providing to all employees :-). I am just very apprehensive anticipating the next nightmare when we’ll be rolling out our service to overseas employees. Maybe I should consider getting some eye serum to nourish my very tired eyes.

2 comments:

LittleLamb said...

wow..this benefit sounds exciting..maybe i m hard-up for benefits in the co..ehehhehe

Uncle Lee said...

Hi BJ, you take it easy.....but what you doing is good. Everyone waiting for your results.....
And I think their smiles will make up for your loss of sleep.
Suggest you drink lots of Chinese green tea. Will feel good.

Hey! Not easy to fool you April 1st? Huh? Ha ha.
I guess you one of the few who remembered from my older postings, "I have 2 sons, both boys", ha ha.
Will try again, next April 1st.
Best regards.
Lee.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails