Friday, June 10, 2011

english gone wrong

QQ was pretending to be a cook and asked for our orders before whipping up some of our favourite dishes. She said:
QQ: I cook food for all of you. I'm a cooker!
She's correct grammatically. However, I told her a cook is called a cook or a chef.

On another occasion, QQ told us:
QQ: I drink apple juice. I'm a drinker!
Correct! Let's hope she sticks to water and juice.

The other day, she said:
QQ: I love talking! I'm a talking-er!
Haha! Try explaining the difference between talking, talker, and talking-er to a soon-to-be 4 year-old *faint*

And yesterday might have top her list of bad English:
QQ: I xiao-pien* everyday! I'm a xiao-pien-er!
LOL!!!

* xiao-pien means "pee" in Mandarin :-)

(C) Lee Pei Yi. All rights reserved. Originally published for http://nivnivhandmade.blogspot.com. All images and text can only be republished with links back to the article/ blog. Thank you :-).

3 comments:

Small Kucing said...

LOL....cute and unexpected

ChloeRuoyi said...

She's so cute and funny :D Xiao pien-er hahaha!

UmmiRosma said...

Funny... hahaha...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails