Thursday, September 22, 2011

growing... a lot faster than i thought...

HQ: 6 years 3 months old During out short trip to Singapore last Raya holidays (I will blog about this later; yes, I'm so behind with all my blog posts :-( ), BIL treated us to a scrumptious lunch in Oriental Restaurant (or was it Six Happiness? Not sure).

It was at the end of the lunch when we're having dessert that I noticed on the floor around HQ there were pieces of vegetables. I felt that it's funny that a high-class restaurant would "forget" to clean the floor after the previous diner had dirtied it. "Must be a messy toddler who ate here before we came" I thought.

Back in Malaysia, in my mum's home, I noticed the same thing happened again! Pieces of vege strategically dropped and kicked under the chair! *faint* So it is my kid who did this. HQ to be specific.

I was surprised at how discreetly he did it. All of us at the table did not notice him dropping and kicking the vege pieces under his chair *wipe sweat*

When we asked him, he feigned innocence.
"Eh, how come got vege under my chair?"

When we pressed further, in a small voice he asked:
"Did... meimei... do it?" *wearing a guilty face*

He had since admitted his wrong-doing and promised not to do it again.

Big SIGH... where did he learn this from?
....................................................................................................................................

There's a series on Astro now that HQ enjoyed watching... "The Three Kingdoms". After school, HQ will usually rush his lunch, bathe and homework before he's allowed to watch it with Gong Gong. Of course Gong Gong will not let him watch the violent bits.

One day after the show, he casually told my mum:

HQ: Oh... I just remember that I still have one page of homework to do! I'll go do it now!

My mum thought of nothing about this. Until... this happened again the next day!

So... in order to be able to catch the show on tv, HQ is feigning forgetfulness.

Big big sigh...
........................................................................................................................................

I admit, I am rather astonished with his creativity in getting around the "rules". Sigh... where has my "green" little boy gone? Hubs thinks it's no big deal, but I'm really concerned. Would you?

(C) Lee Pei Yi. All rights reserved. Originally published for http://BoeyJoey.blogspot.com. All images and text can only be republished with permission and links back to the article/ blog.

8 comments:

Small Kucing said...

love his hair...so much and shining...

Mommy to Chumsy said...

i think it's a phase that kids go through. Mine is like this too at times..just so she can finish watching her show. Just need to remind them that it's not good to lie and if they don't like anything, they should let us know instead of hiding it :)

mNhL said...

Haha...kids are always curious and mischievous. Wow...3 kingdoms...that's a very deep story...

Uncle Lee said...

Hi BJ, kids are really fun at this age....and you will always remember.....
Have fun, they grow up very fast.
Best regards.
Lee.

BoeyJoey said...

Kathy: His Gong Gong always comment about his hair too :-).

Mommy to Chumsy: Oh, he did tell us that he didn't like certain vege. I explained why they are good for him, and still make him eat them. So I guess, I push too hard gua.

mNhL: One of his favourite shows. He knows the main characters and what they do too :-)

Uncle Lee: Yes, they do grow up very fast :-).

Mummy to QiQi said...

hehe..your boy so smart wor....sweep all his green under the table!

wenn said...

he's a cute boy!

Mummy Gwen said...

Kids get smarter as they grow older..hehe. No worries, I think it's normal they do that. Just remind him what's right and wrong.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails