Tuesday, October 11, 2011

incoherent

QQ: 4y 2m old

At bedtime, after HQ has fallen asleep, QQ will still want to play, sing, talk, and do whatever that allows her to escape from sleeping. After awhile, she'll be soooo tired, sometimes she starts talking incoherently.

These are some of the incidents that I find pretty funny. For my future records, I've also noted down where she heard the quote from.
...................................................................................................................................

We were camping at mum's house for nearly a month, when hubby was away at Jakarta. My Mum and Dad were worried about us being at our own home at night without the man in the house, so they insisted that we sleep at their home for the whole time hubby was away. Hubs is already back as of writing and we have resumed our normal routine.

So while at Mum's place, HQ has fallen asleep on his side of the 2 single beds joined together. QQ was fighting sleep... singng on top of her voice and trying to get my attention by poking and pulling my nose. It's already 11.30pm, and I desperately wanted her to fall sleep so that I can do some work. I told her:

Me : I am going to sleep with korkor and not you because you are making too much noise. Only if you agree to sleep quietly, then I will sleep with you.

I moved to HQ's side. She responded (rather rudely, I'm afraid)

QQ : Why you don't want to play with me!?!?! You want to sleep with korkor, right? Ok, here!

She threw my pillow at me.

Then threw my blanket at me. And yelled:

QQ : Here's your rat, cat!!!

!!! I was then in stitches!

You must be as blur as sotong now :-D

Note: She watched too much of this 1944 Tom & Jerry Classic VCD that I bought during my company trip to Singapore in 2006 - The Zoot Cat. There's a scene where Tom the cat presented to a cute but pompous female cat with a box, containing Jerry the mouse. The female cat thought Tom was corny, and after saying a string of sarcastic words to Tom, she flung the mouse and the box to Tom, while saying haughtily "Here's your rat, cat!". So... when QQ was throwing the blanket at me, she said the same phrase haughtily too. *shake head*
......................................................................................................................................

Still camping at Popo's house, QQ was trying to get away from sleeping and begged me to let her out of the room to join her Popo, who's watching TVB drama on TV. I said a firm NO. She responded:

QQ : Pleeeeeaaaaseeee... just a foot? Ok, 8 inches! That's all! Six inches?

Knowing where this came from, I again rolled on the bed laughing. Funny that she said this, instead of her usual "One minute!" or "20 seconds!" although she does not have a good sense of time yet.

Note: My brother presented QQ with a Calvin & Hobbes comic book on her birthday. HQ will read to QQ on evenings when they are good (read: not bickering, fighting or watching tv) and both of them will laugh and laugh. The below is their favourite piece... I'm so lucky to be able to find it in the Net :-). HQ will read, both of them will mimic Calvin's actions, and they will laugh till tears roll down their cheeks :-D. So, that's where QQ's "Pleeeeeaaaaseeee... just a foot? Ok, 8 inches! That's all! Six inches?" came from.
source.

...........................................................................................................................................

QQ and I were tickling and giggling on the bed... me trying to set her happy mood so she'll readily go to sleep. I asked for a kiss... she responded:

QQ: No!!! It's spiiiiicyyyyy!!!

Note: This one came from me, for times when I'm enjoying my instant noodles and she tried to get a bite from me.


So yeah, that's my funny incoherent complicated 4 year old, when sleepy. And I love her so :-).

(C) Lee Pei Yi. All rights reserved. Originally published for http://BoeyJoey.blogspot.com. All images and text can only be republished with permission and links back to the article/ blog.

5 comments:

reanaclaire said...

hahaa.. good excuse.. let the girls tell the boys.. no kissing, its spicy!!

Kelvin said...

LoL :D

Broccoli Ginger said...

:) This post makes me laugh too! Hahahaha.. cute.. love the way she is too!

prince n princess mum said...

Haha.. spicey kiss?

mNhL said...

haha...she is so cute... cat, rat. I know which part it is because my kids love Tom & Jerry. Sometimes, I will accompany them to watch too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails