Monday, December 5, 2011

our little "date"

Hubs and I attended Hub friend’s wedding last Saturday at Damansara Heights. It was like a long-awaited “date” for us :-D.

We started the day by explaining to our kids that we needed to go to a wedding dinner. Of course they wanted to follow. But we explained that kids are not allowed, beer and wine will be served (not suitable for kids), bla bla bla. In response to that, my little boy suggested that since they (kids) can’t go, why not we (adults) stay home with them as well? Hubs explained that because they (Hub’s friends) attended our wedding dinner, so we have to attend theirs as well. Luckily HQ accepted that reason… phew!

We have tried bringing our kids to a friend’s wedding dinner before. It was tiring and so unmanageable. It’s different when we attended my brother’s and relative’s weddings where my parents were there as well to lend a hand. At friends’ wedding dinners, we concluded that it’s best just to give ang pow and not to go. Until now, we decided we shall go, without the kids. Hee hee hee. We are very lucky that Mum volunteered to baby-sit. Thanks so much, Mum & Dad! :-D.

So it was an enjoyable evening :-). For once, we can eat in peace and have proper adult conversations with friends. And I can take my time in the washroom :-). I felt so liberated!
My dress that night. I bought this dress online from here, and unlike other miss or hit online purchases, I am very happy with this dress. Thanks so much, Shireen :-). Too bad I didn’t get to snap a full length photo… too paiseh, I seemed to be the only one snapping photos before the dinner :-). We left at 10.00pm right after the dinner and yum seng (no after-dinner clubbing for us) and reached Mum’s place at 10.30pm. Surprisingly the kids were still awake; they’re waiting for us to return! Hahaha… it would be our turn to wait for them to come home when they reach their teens :-D.

(C) Lee Pei Yi. All rights reserved. Originally published for http://BoeyJoey.blogspot.com. All images and text can only be republished with permission and links back to the article/ blog.

7 comments:

Yee Ling said...

Nice dress. Fit on you very well.

coffeesncookies said...

you're guilty ! caught for pak-tor-ing without the kids.. kekekeke....
once in a while.. it's good to be away from the kids, to rekindle the moments with the hubs, but for me. .I'd like to be away alone coz I see hubs all the time. ;)

reanaclaire said...

hello Pei Yi.. yes, nice cut in dress you are wearing.. must hop over to Shireen to see anything suitable for me or not.. :)

Mommy to Chumsy said...

i can't help laughing when you mentioned that next time will be your turn to wait for them to come home....hahhahahaha

Health Freak Mommy said...

Peeeweeeet, very classy on you!! This posts sounds so familiar to my recent post as my hubs and I went thru the same situation :) BTW, I did feel odd going out with hubs w/o the kids hehee...

Small Kucing said...

sweet :) such a nice date :)

Mummy to QiQi said...

u look very good in that dress. Must be an exciting outing for the both of us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails