Wednesday, December 14, 2011

western... but not so western...

It's not often that I cook western food, and when my kids requested for a burger dinner, I did it a mish-mash version :-)

I cooked exactly like how I do usually... Eastern style sweet & sour pork chops (sorry, non-halal) and carrots and french beans.
Instead of serving the food with rice in bowls, I served them with burger buns on plates (this was QQ's portion). Hee hee... kind of cheating yeah :-)
And washed down the meal in a Chinese soup of ribs, lotus root, corn and carrot :-)
Both my kids loved their meals :-). Here's my little munchkin enjoying hers. She couldn't scarf the burger into her mouth as is, so she ate the top bread half first and the rest later as an open sandwich. I was really happy that she polished the whole burger and all the vege! But she complained that she was toooo full afterwards, so she skipped the apples :-).

(C) Lee Pei Yi. All rights reserved. Originally published for http://BoeyJoey.blogspot.com. All images and text can only be republished with permission and links back to the article/ blog.

9 comments:

wenn said...

wow..she really loves it!

ChloeRuoyi said...

Burger with sweet and sour sauce sounds (and looks) very yummy!

Broccoli Ginger said...

hahaha... so cute QQ's reactions! :) I did that too sometimes.. cos my boy loves bread! Every time he sees no rice for dinner.. he will be very happy! Normally I steam veges and boil eggs. :P No soup. Yours are so delicious and nutritious!

Mummy Gwen said...

That's quite a big portion for QQ. Yummy lah the sweet and sound pork burgers. I'm drooling already.

Mummy Moon said...

The burger meal Looks yummy!

Mummy to QiQi said...

your burger must be very very delicious!

LittleLamb said...

Looks like a balance meal to me.

slavemom said...

Kids love varieties, bored with the normal rice n dishes meal. Ur idea of adding the bun is a great "trick". :)

mNhL said...

wow....it's our Asian style western food. haha.... anything cooked by mummy are sure nice!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails