Sunday, February 19, 2012

overheard...

HQ and QQ were discussing about something in the car, when some part of the conversation caught my attention:

HQ: Now, let me tell you about the mating season.

I immediatly moved nearer to better catch his words.

HQ: After the hibernation in winter, the animals will wake up, and some of them will begin their mating season. The males will do funny things to attract the females, and then they will get married. After some time, they will have new babies.

Now I'm sure he learned this from watching Nat Geo Wild, and I'm sure many of the details whereby he described as "get married" will be shown as well. The questions whirling in my head are how does he connect mating and getting married? How much more did he learn about mating from this show? And why is he not asking us adults any other questions with regards to mating?

Anyhow I just kept mum and hoped that he won't pose any awkward questions to me...

HQ: 6y 9m old.

(C) Lee Pei Yi. All rights reserved. Originally published for http://boeyjoey.blogspot.com/. All images and text can only be republished with permission and links back to the article/ blog.

3 comments:

mNhL said...

wow...HQ is very intelligent. He understand what is mating.

MommyAngel said...

I think he did better then me :) i don't even know how to tell my girls when she asked. Kids nowadays knows a lot!

Mommy to Chumsy said...

hahhhha..he is good! I don't think I can explain that well :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails