Monday, March 19, 2012

now

Yesterday morning, I was helping QQ to dress before I walked her to her kindy. The day was Monday, so instead of her knee-length kindy dress, she's wearing the kindy's t-shirt and shorts for her PE lesson. Upon realising that she had PE that morning, she looked at me with wide eyes and a happy grin.

"Yay! Got PE today! I can wear Korkor's sports shoes!"

Such pure delight over a pair of old shoes belonging to her Korkor. Even though she knows the shoes were pre-loved (hardly worn actually) and she could easily ask for a pair of new pink shoes, she didn't. She was just happy that her feet have finally grown enough to enjoy her Korkor's pair of shoes.

I am not like her.

I miss the Past.
I pin for the Future.
What I observed yesterday made me realise that I never really live the Now.

My daughter taught me a lesson that morning. To be happy. To take things in stride. To not "want" so much. To sincerely appreciate what we already have. And to live the Now.

(C) Lee Pei Yi. All rights reserved. Originally published for http://BoeyJoey.blogspot.com. All images and text can only be republished with permission and links back to the article/ blog.

11 comments:

Small Kucing said...

That's good. A nice day to you :)

BoeyJoey said...

Easier said than done. You have a nice day too, Kathy :-)

Alice Law said...

Your gal is a gem! Gals normally craving for new stuff and despise hand me down. Yeah, learn to look 4ward, great lesson frm your gal too! Thx!

Anonymous said...

:)

BoeyJoey said...

Alice: My girl, she's a very easy-going, happy-go-lucky child. this sweet girl of mine doesn't mind if korkor gets more/ better things than her. as long as she has something :-)

BoeyJoey said...

Anonymous: :-). thanks, whoever you are :-).

LittleLamb said...

How come life goes faster when we are in the 20s, 30s...and another blink of the eye, we will be 40!!! Unfortunately, we are all human and we , women esp is a "worr-ier"..someone who worries easily...o.O

anyway Carpe Diem!

goolypop said...

Can just imagine her sparkly wide eyed yipeeee look. :)

goolypop said...

:)

chinnee (chinneeq@gmail.com) said...

QQ obviously admire her Korkor a lot, and that shows how close they are :)

SuperMom said...

QQ is so cute!

And this is a truly meaningful post. I shall remember this whenever I feel too tired to spend time with the kids...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails