Wednesday, May 9, 2012

be-early mother's day gift

When I arrived at my mum's house to fetch the kids on Monday night, I was pleasantly surprised by my soon-to-be-seven-year-old with a red rose!

I've received flowers from HQ before when he was younger; those that he picked from roadsides and Mum's garden. For this particular rose, it's for Mother's Day and he bought it with his own pocket money! :-D

He told me he saw roses selling in his school bookshop last Friday, and he asked how much it cost. So on Monday, he took RM1.50 that he saved and bought the rose for me. He told me he's the only kid with a rose in the class and many of his classmates came over to admire it :-D.

I love how thoughtful he was. It must be not easy for him to keep his little secret to himself during the weekend. I was so touched! Seeing how happy I was, he was grinning from ear to ear.

My dear sweet boy, I love you so! :-D

HQ: 6y 11m old

(C) Lee Pei Yi. All rights reserved. Originally published for http://boeyjoey.blogspot.com. All images and text can only be republished with permission and links back to the article/ blog.

14 comments:

Mummy Gwen said...

Awww....lum sei. Your HQ is such a thoughtful and sweet boy. :)

Kelvin said...

Happy Mother Day! :D
Good job, HQ!

LittleLamb said...

awwwww i m so touched too. in fact, if P does the same to me, tear drops..

Broccoli Ginger said...

so sweet!!!!!! :) (my eyes are wet now)

アンゼエリン said...

Sweet. Happy Mother's Day to you.

mNhL said...

Aww....my heart melted. HQ is such a sensible and romantic boy.

Happy Mother's Day to you !

Alice Law said...

Your boy is such a sweet heart! Gosh~! So envy!

Yee Ling said...

omg....he is such a sweet boy. U raised both of your kids very well.

Yee Ling said...

Happy Mother's Day to you!

UmmiRosma said...

so sweet of him....*hugs*....

Happy mother's day to you too...

wenn said...

so sweet..

ChloeRuoyi said...

So sweet! *heart melting* HQ is a very loving and thoughtful boy :)

Daddy said...

Wow. So sweet. Happy mothers day..

chinnee (chinneeq@gmail.com) said...

you look so pretty in that picture. Happy Mother's Day to you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails