Monday, May 28, 2012

he made me promise

HQ: Mama, can you promise me something?

Me: Yes, what is it?

HQ: If you are in my school, or anywhere near my school, please please please remember not to hug me or kiss me ok? 

Me: Why? *amused* 

HQ: Because if my friends see you hugging or kissing me, they will laugh at me. They will die of laughing! So pleeeeeeease promise not to do that ok? 

I'm tickled by his request, but at the same time hoping that this request will not come at all :-). I know this is quite common among kids his age; do you just agree to your kid's request, or feign forgetfulness to steal a peck or two? :-) 

(C) Lee Pei Yi. All rights reserved. Originally published for http://boeyjoey.blogspot.com. All images and text can only be republished with permission and links back to the article/ blog.

8 comments:

VanessaJezamine said...

I noticed it's more common on the boys. My two brothers were like that especially the eldest. (OMG my dad was so upset later throughout the years, we found out when we were grown up) Usually in the eldest, they have this superiority complex above all the siblings i think. I didn't mind hugging or kissing my dad, he still do it to me all through out school, in college and even when I'm already married. WOMEN.. hehehe...

LittleLamb said...

they become self conscious so early? I wish it did not come :(

wenn said...

kids grow up very fast and soon they won't want us to kiss them..

Mummy Gwen said...

Hope Gwen won't tell me this..hehe. When Daddy kisses her on the cheek, she always wipe it off...naughty girl.

Small Kucing said...

he is growing up

Alice Law said...

Well, I'll probably listen to him... but if tht day I feel naughty, I might giv him a peck/ two(jst to tease him), lol!

chinnee said...

obviously he has grown up :)

Caca said...

my 6 years old daughter shy away when I request for a hug or kiss from her too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails