Saturday, July 14, 2012

adding greens to the home


I have this money plant pictured below for close to 5 years, and it was kept in my office all this while. Now it's residing in one corner of my kitchen, and from how it's adjusting, I think it's pretty happy with it's new home :-)

I saw this lovely blue and white shallow dish in a plant nursery one day, and I simply got to have it. I just love the colour combination! Just after 2 weeks of stucking some money plant cuttings in it, I see some new shoots :-). The other pot next to it is not porcelain actually, but a cookie tin :-P. Yes, I bought that pot of butter cookies just because I love the tin that comes with it (well, the cookies are quite yummy too) :-).


I am also more diligent in renewing the flowers at my praying altar on a weekly basis. Of the many types that I've tried, these chrysanthemums are my favourite :-)

After one week, although the leaves have dried up, the blooms are still full and fresh. I do not have the heart to throw them, so I cut the stems shorter, and left them in a smaller vase in the kitchen :-)

(C) Lee Pei Yi. All rights reserved. Originally published for http://boeyjoey.blogspot.com. All images and text can only be republished with permission and links back to the article/ blog. 
 

7 comments:

Small Kucing said...

wah so many money plants :)

You use water for the money plants or gel?

I like the Crysenthemum . Smells very nice

wenn said...

I love flowers in the house too..

mommy to chumsy said...

very nice! i love them :)

BoeyJoey said...

Hi Lathy, I use little pebbles to hold the plants and fill the cracks with water. Just enough for the plants but not enough for mosquitoes to lay eggs :-)

chinnee (chinneeq@gmail.com) said...

with white marbles some more, so beautiful!

ChloeRuoyi said...

Very nice! I like the chrysanthemum. The money plant must be the easiest plant to keep, even for "plant killers" like me ;) I dunno why but I really can't keep plants alive for long. All my other plants have died except for this one and I've been growing it for like 8 years+ already.

mNhL said...

wow....that bunga kekwa so beautiful !

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails