Sunday, August 5, 2012

changes

There are some changes around here... mainly on our schedules and my new role of a full time mum. Yes, I've left the corporate world to be a full time mum now :-).

Due to difference in logistics, transportation arrangement and some other changes, we have to make adjustments to our schedules as well. The kids are getting used to the new arrangement and are just so great and understanding.

I have been a working mum for 7 years, and everyday in those 7 years have not brought me as much joy and peace as I am experiencing now.

I must say my work had brought me great satisfaction, exposure, and independence. But in the context of a mum who is working, I have never felt so guilty - I felt guilt when I left my kids with my mum as I go to work, guilty when I took work leave to be with my kids knowing fully the amount of work accumulating on my work desk, guilty when I stay to entertain clients on evenings when I should be home with my kids, guilty when I have to say no to classes which my kids have requested (no one to ferry them around).

Since being a full time mum, I wake up earlier, cook more, rush a lot more, and my me time has virtually zeroed down to only after the kids' bedtime, which by that time I'm already too knackered to do anything than sleep. But I spend a lot more quality time with my kids. Hubs and I eat healthier cos we eat a lot more home-cooked food. I have more bonding opportunities with my kids. We talk a lot more. We share a lot more. We sing a lot more. And the kids fought a lot less.

Fulfilling the wish of my 7 year old to be a "home mama" (as how he termed it) is one thing that I wish to do since a very long time ago. My kids are happy. And I am at peace. At peace because I do not have to depend on another person to attend to my kids. At peace because the energy, effort and time, which I spent to building someone else's business, is now invested on my own beloved children. At peace because I am now doing what I am supposed to do as a mama :-).

(C) Lee Pei Yi. All rights reserved. Originally published for http://boeyjoey.blogspot.com. All images and text can only be republished with permission and links back to the article/ blog.  

14 comments:

mNhL said...

Wishing you all the best !

Mommy to Chumsy said...

Yay!! So happy for you Pei Yi :) Your kids must be very very happy that they can have mommy at home. I'm sure your boss and colleagues miss you loads too.

BoeyJoey said...

Thanks Hui Li! :-D

BoeyJoey said...

Yay!!! Thanks, Barb :-). Yes, my kids are ecstatic! I miss my colleagues of many years too, but my days now seem more fulfilling :-))).

Mummy Moon said...

Good to know you are a full time mommy now, enjoy your new life! That is also one of my dream too.

Cynful Pleasure said...

enjoy your new journey.. :D

slavemom said...

Looks like u're enjoying ur new role. After establishing urself in the corporate world for so many yrs, I suppose u'll miss being a career woman (sometimes). But I bet the satisfaction n peace of mind u get now makes everything worth while. :)

ChloeRuoyi said...

Welcome to the club! Being a SAHM is not easy but you will definitely feel the joy and contentment of raising the kids with your very own hands :)

A Mom's Diary said...

Wonderful news. I'm so green with envy that I'm turning into Shrek :-) Congratulations! This is way better than any big promotion/pay raise you can ever get.

BoeyJoey said...

Thanks, Bee Moon! I've always thought you're a full time mum???

BoeyJoey said...

Thanks, Cynthia :-)

BoeyJoey said...

Thanks, Wei Ling :-). No need to envy, I'm sure you can too if you wanted it :-).

BoeyJoey said...

High five, HL! Sure it's not easy, but I agree with you, it gives me contentment and great joy :-)

BoeyJoey said...

Yeah, I do sometimes miss the independance and freedom. But now I'm onto a more fulfilling and meaningful journey, it's sure is exciting too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails