Saturday, September 29, 2012

some chitter-chatter

Ever since I fetch QQ home from kindy these days, we get to spend good quality times together. I really love our chats in the car; often infused with sme good-natured jokes, merry laughter and lots of singing. Here are some of the conversations we had (some of them I've posted on my FB wall), which I thought of posting them here too for keepsake :-).

Discussing marriage with my 5 year old girl:
QQ: Why do people get married?

Me: Because they love each other and want to spend their lives together.
QQ: There are also people who didn't marry right, like "tai gu po" (grand aunt)? Why?

Me: Yes, some people do not get married because they didn't meet someone they love and suitable to get marry to.
QQ: When I grow up, I don't want to get marry.
Me: You are too young to decide now. When you grow up, you will meet a lot of boys, and you may fall in love with a nice good man that is suitable to be your husband.
QQ: Get married already must go and stay with the husband! I don't want to stay away from you! *teary*
Me: Oh, we can stay close together and we can always visit each other :-)
QQ: I don't want to get married. So disgusting! Have to kiss-kiss one! *teary again*
Okay, i better stop her from watching Disney princess movies for now...

............................................................................................................. 
QQ asked me on our ages; mine, hubs', my sis, my brother-in-law, my dad, my mum, my brother, and sister-in-law. Her conclusion:
QQ: Ohhh... the boy must be bigger (older) than the girl when get married isn't? Except for Kiu Kiu and Kiu Nyiong.
(All of the husbands are older than the wives for the ages discussed above, except for my brother and my sister-in-law who are the same ages. Kiu Kiu = my brother; Kiu Nyiong = my sister-in-law)
She continued:
QQ: I know why Kiu Kiu and Kiu Nyiong are same age. Because Kiu Kiu don't want to bend down his head when he and Kiu Nyiong kiss-kiss together.
(Coincidently all of the husbands discussed above are taller than the wives, EXCEPT my brother and my sister-in-law who are about the same height. So QQ's conclusion was same age = same height. She thinks we grown ups are still growing! LOL!! She and her own conclusions! My funny little girl :-))) 
............................................................................................................. 

When i went to fetch QQ from her kindy that day, she was reminding me about her photo day to be held today:
QQ: Tomorrow we are taking photo at school. So we have to wake up early tomorrow.
Me: That's a good idea. That will give us more time to tie your hair nicely for the photo shoot.
QQ: And to wear make-up for me.
Me: Did your teacher say you need to wear make-up?
QQ: No... But when they see how pretty I am with make-up, it will remind them to put make-up for other children also.

LOL!!!
  ............................................................................................................ HQ is home with us for the UPSR break the other week, which is nice :-). QQ was doing her homework from kindy the other day, while HQ sat opposite her. He was drawing a picture for her and asked her for her input:
HQ: Mei Mei, who's your favourite hero?
QQ: You.
HQ: *tsk*
QQ: Yes wat! You always look after me and protect me from insects!
That just made my day :-D


(C) Lee Pei Yi. All rights reserved. Originally published for boeyjoey.blogspot.com. All images and text cannot be republished without expressed written permission.

6 comments:

wenn said...

kids are forever innocent..cute!

mNhL said...

I like the last one.... brotherly and sisterly love......

chinnee said...

hehe..kiss-kiss not nice meh? my boys love to kiss mummy a lot now :)

MommyAngel said...

she is such a sweet girl and mummy is her hero :) :) How sweet ......

prince n princess mum said...

cute kids talk!

Alice Phua said...

Love the talk! Kiddy logic always amuses me! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails