Saturday, July 6, 2013

chitter-chatter

Some of our kiddos' conversation that I want to keep notes on... will be good for laughs when they read these in their teens :-). 

One evening over dinner, I was lamenting to hubs on how as I grow older, my metabolism has gone down and I gain weight more easily. HQ who was listening, commented a matter-of-factly: 

HQ: Being fat is good. That way, when you're old and you die, there will be more for the maggots to eat. And the ground where you will be buried in will be more fertilized. 

How morbid @@
HQ @ 7y 10m old 
...............................................................

Hubs and I were talking and QQ heard us mentioned the term 'Country Manager'. 

QQ : Is Country Manager a Prime Minister? 

Thinking of it, she's quite right. A Prime Minister does lead and manages the country, doesn't he/ she? 

QQ @ 5y 7m old 
...............................................................

QQ has suddenly lost interest in eating avocado (used to be one of her favourite fruit and she could finish one whole fruit in one seating). I was trying to encourage her to eat it again. 

Me: Just try to eat one quarter alright? I'll eat the rest. 
QQ: No. I don't want any of it. 
Me: Why? You used to love it so much. 
QQ: My life has changed. Things that I liked last time, I don't like anymore. Things that I don't like last time, I like them now. So please don't ask me to eat anymore. Thank you. 
Me: @@

(C) Lee Pei Yi. All rights reserved. Originally published for boeyjoey.blogspot.com. All images and text cannot be republished without expressed written permission. 


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails