Saturday, July 6, 2013

:')

When QQ started kindy at 4, she has been telling everyone that she wanted to be a teacher when she grows up. She said that she really liked teaching little children like her Teacher Ragesh. 

As she grows older (5+), she wanted to be a scientist. She became very curious about why certain things happen in a certain way, especially mechanical things. She said she wanted to find out how things work, and to invent better things (from there). 

Now as she's approaching 6, she surprised me one evening as we were on our way to fetch HQ from school. As i was driving along, she was talking and I absent-mindedly replied her in monosyllables. 

My ears perked up when she told me: "Mama, I want to be just like you when I grow up. I want to be a home mama and look after my children."

She went on and on about having 8 children (!!!), deciding what home to buy to house her big family (a bungalow), which car to buy to fit everyone (she decided on a mini bus in the end haha), enlisting my help to look after her kiddos :-))), clothes, food, school, and a lot of other things. 

Maybe it's just a childish notion, nothing more, and I won't be surprised if she tells me some of her other ambitions as she grows older. However, hearing her going on and on about being just like me touched me immensely and tears started rolling down my cheeks. I mean, of the years when I worked in corporate, she had admired the make-up that i put on, clothes and accesories that I wore, but never once she said she wanted to be like me. Now as a sahm, clad mostly in simple tees and shorts (or jeans/ skirts & blouse at best), she wanted to be like me!

I didn't ask her why but I like to think that she likes the change in me (happier and more contented), or maybe she enjoys having her mama at home looking after her, so she thinks her children would too :').

(C) Lee Pei Yi. All rights reserved. Originally published for boeyjoey.blogspot.com. All images and text cannot be republished without expressed written permission

4 comments:

wenn said...

kids are cute..they give us lots of surprises..

LittleLamb said...

oh..didnt know you quit corporate? so now fully focus on sewing? good on ya.

mNhL said...

That's my ambition too....to be a stayed at home mum ! But never comes true. haha

cre8tone said...

So considerable.. Start thinking about her own child in such a young age.. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails